We’re recruiting AHP leaders to the North West AHP Workforce Council
24 July 2019
We are currently seeking a number of allied health professionals (AHPs) to join our North West AHP Workforce Council.
The Council provides a strategic advisory and action group on AHP workforce transformation across the region. It supports the development of a safe, effective and responsive AHP workforce by:
- Supporting the implementation, adoption and spread of national and regional priorities for the AHP and wider workforce to support improvements in population health, patient outcomes and service delivery.
- Supporting AHP leadership capacity and capability within the region.
- Providing timely strategic advice and intelligence on AHP workforce supply and transformation to HEE, NHS England, NHS Improvement and stakeholders.
As an advisory body to HEE for over 10 years, this is an important and exciting time as we focus on the Long Term Plan and Interim NHS People Plan.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from AHP leaders in the North West in the following roles:
- Chief AHPs, AHP Directors or Assistant/Associate Directors working in NHS provider organisations in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside, and Lancashire and South Cumbria - including mental health and learning disability.
- Senior professional leads for podiatry, dietetics, operating department practitioners and radiography working in NHS provider organisations in Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside, and Lancashire and South Cumbria.
This is an exciting opportunity to support the AHP workforce across the region and nationally. We are looking for people with strong professional networks and experience in strategic influencing and decision making, partnership working and leadership. We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) colleagues.
This is a voluntary role, which includes 4 meetings a year plus occasional short life working groups. Download the current Terms of Reference for more information. More information on the board can be also found on our website.
If you are interested in becoming a Board member in one of the categories listed above, please complete the EOI proforma and return to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a short CV or link to your LinkedIn profile, by Friday 23 August (extended).