Join our online workshop to consider the impact of Covid-19 on advanced practitioners
15 May 2020
Covid-19 has touched almost every aspect of our lives in the last few months and has put additional pressure on the NHS and its workforce. At Health Education England, we recognise that having the most up-to-date information and insight will help us ensure we are providing the best possible support to the NHS workforce.
We are inviting you to complete a short questionnaire and join an online workshop, which will be open for two weeks, to enable you to share your experiences about:
- The range of deployment or redeployment of advanced and consultant practitioners across the health system during Covid-19
- The experience of advanced and consultant practitioners during Covid-19 including:
- The extent to which the knowledge, skills and competence of advanced and consultant practitioners have been deployed effectively
- The extent to which barriers to continue to exist or have been removed (and reasons why)
- The impact on different clinical professional groups
- The insights and expectations of advanced and consultant practitioners and aspiring advanced practitioners about the impact of Covid-19 on the future of the workforce.
To register to take part go to https://advancedpractice.clevertogether.com
We previously hosted a similar online workshop with the advanced and consultant practice community in 2018 which fed directly into key reforms to education and training for advanced and consultant practice and the development of the centre for advancing practice. Through your anonymous feedback we will be able to update our immediate plans to support advanced practice and work with the NHS employers, professional and representative bodies, regulators and healthcare professionals to ensure:
- We are able to promote effectively the ongoing contribution of advanced practice to manage Covid-19 and the needs of people presenting with non covid-19 health and care needs, and
- Ensure national strategies to support the development, education, utilisation and deployment of advanced practice are updated to reflect the recent experiences during the pandemic and insights about future impact.
Please encourage your colleagues to take part in the workshop, we want to hear as many experiences as possible. The workshop is anonymous, open 24/7 for a period of two weeks and can be accessed from any PC or smart mobile device.