17/03/20 Health Education England webinar: Sepsis and NEWS – Primary care workforce approach to prevention and early detection
06 March 2020
Date: Tuesday 17th March 2020
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
This webinar explores primary care as a system leader for the prevention and early identification of sepsis and the deteriorating patient. It will also share updates on Health Education England’s education and learning opportunities on sepsis and deterioration.
This webinar is of interest to:
- Multi-disciplinary teams in primary care settings, including GPs, General Practice Nurses (GPN), physician associates, Allied Health Professionals and support staff
- Sepsis leads in clinical settings
- Health protection leads in public health settings
The webinar is led by:
- Dr Alison Tavare, Primary Care Clinical Lead, West of England Academic Health Science Network
- Dr John Caldwell, Liverpool CCG, will address how early assessments can be embedded in out of hours primary care
- Dr Simon Stockley, RCGP Clinical Champion for Sepsis, will then discuss a whole team approach to sepsis training in primary care and how this can be implemented
- Mohamad Sadak, HEE Clinical Programme Manager, AMR and Sepsis, will showcase HEE education and training resources available on e-Learning for Healthcare (e-LfH) - sepsis, as well as NEWS and deterioration pages
This is your chance to see what is new, ask questions of national experts and hear what best practice looks like in in this important area for patient safety.
Sign up for the webinar.