07/07/20: Rapid Expansion of AHP placements - Simulation and Technology Enabled Care Services (TECS) webinar
03 July 2020
Date: Tuesday 7th July 2020
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Whilst we aim to expand our workforce by increasing the number of Allied Health Professionals in education, we need to ensure that we also have adequate good quality placements and learning environments to support this. There is increasing potential to include simulation and TECS* placements as part of this.
We know that many HEIs and Trusts are doing this already so the aim of the webinar is to:
- Define what we mean by simulated and technology enabled care services (TECS*) placements
- Explain and share the opportunities and resources already in place to support simulation
- Provide the regulatory and professional body position on simulation and TECS placements
- Showcase examples from around the country, many of which are easily generalisable/applicable to different professions and areas
- Beverley Harden, AHP Lead, HEE & Deputy Chief AHP Officer, England
- Brendan Edmonds, HCPC
- Ruth Allerton, AHP Placement Capacity Expansion Project
- The TEL team
- David Marsden, Regional AHP Lead, North East & Yorkshire, HEE
*Technology enabled care services (TECS) refers to the use of telehealth, telecare, telemedicine, telecoaching and self-care in providing care for patients with long term conditions that is convenient, accessible and cost-effective.
For further information, please contact David Marsden.