On behalf of the Chief Allied Health Professions Officer for England, the North West AHP Network are producing and hosting regular summary resources for the allied health professions (AHP) workforce. These curate key published national guidance and updates in relation to COVID-19.
- COVID-19: vaccination programme guidance for healthcare practitioners
- Training slide set (PHE)
- E-learning programme
- COVID-19: vaccinator training recommendations
- COVID-19: vaccinator competency assessment tool
- Green book chapter
- All the documents and links above are available on the government's COVID-19 vaccination programme page
- COVID-19 and rehabilitation – resources for Allied Health Professionals
- Allied health professionals’ role in rehabilitation during and after COVID-19 (new)
- Recovery and Rehabilitation for Patients following the Pandemic - ICUsteps statement
- Quick guide for occupational therapists: Rehabilitation for people recovering from COVID-19
See Literature Reviews section below for more resources.
- COVID-19: Caring for those who care - information and resources for Allied Health Professionals - December 2020
- COVID-19: Caring for those who care - information and resources for AHPs in Mental Health Awareness Week - update 4 - discusses the importance of being kind to yourself and allowing yourself to take time out. It also links to the latest resources available to support your health and wellbeing.
- COVID-19: Caring for those who care - information and resources for Allied Health Professionals - update 3
- COVID-19: Caring for those who care - information and resources for Allied Health Professionals - update 2
- COVID-19: Caring for those who care - information and resources for Allied Health Professionals - update 1
- Our NHS People COVID-19 and Ramadan: how to support staff who may be fasting
A literature scoping search completed by HEE here in the North West aims to support the question 'What (AHP) workforce do we need to effectively treat and support people with, and after, COVID-19?'.
This question was split into two searches (both attached):
- a) Literature discussing the workforce implications.
- b) Incidence and prevalence of key symptoms (physical, cognitive and psychological) and clinical presentation and health outcomes of COVID-19
Several literature searches have been completed on rehabilitation from a number of organisations:
- Physiotherapy management for COVID-19 in the acute hospital setting
- Rehabilitation of recovering COVID-19 patients Get Search
- COVID-19 and dysphagia the role of speech and language therapists
- Prehabilitation and COVID-19
- The long term health impacts of COVID-19
- Psychological rehabilitation
- COVID and Physiotherapy
A number of literature searches have been produced by NHS Scotland, including:
- Advice for clinicians on the coronavirus
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for AHPs from HEE
- For health advice, go to the NHS website
- For the latest advice about the government response to the outbreak, go to the gov.uk website.