The North West AHP Network are excited to be able to offer 40 funded leadership development places on a forthcoming leadership programme for allied health professionals (AHPs) in the North West*.
Starting this spring, and as part of our commitment to supporting the new national AHP strategy AHPs into Action, this programme will help participants to:
- develop their leadership ‘style’ and role within their organisation and beyond
- gain a better understanding of how best to influence and lead
- create a sustaining, supportive ‘learning network’ to enable further communication and engagement beyond the lifespan of the programme.
Open to AHPs working in NHS or social care services you will:
- be working in health or social care in the North West, in a professional, team, service or AHP lead role
- aspire to improve health, wellbeing and social care outcomes
- want to develop your leadership skills and thinking.
Delivered over 3 days, spread over 8-11 weeks, the programme will be provided in a choice of 2 cohorts/locations:
- Cohort 1: Salford Quays - 22nd March, 25th April and 9th June 2017
- Cohort 2: Wigan Investment Centre - 3rd May, 23rd May and 27th June 2017
Please see the programme brochure for more details of the course content, dates and times.
To book your place please complete the application form and return to us by Tuesday 21st February for the Salford cohort and by Friday 3rd March for Wigan. Please note - most places will be booked on a first come, first served basis and we anticpate high demand for this programme. Places will be confirmed 4 weeks before cohort start date.
- Your application form must be signed by your line manager (you can do this with an e-signature or email us a scannned copy).
- We are unable to reserve places without a fully completed application form (all sections).
Terms of booking
We are very fortunate to be able to provide funded places on this programme and it is important that all places are fully used, therefore when you send us your application form you accept the following terms:
- Places are fully funded, unfortunately we are not able to cover travel expenses or backfill.
- Please ensure you have your manager/organisation's agreement to attend before sending us yuor application form.
- Your organisation will be charged in the event of cancelling your place with less than 2 weeks’ notice of the event starting or without completing the programme.
- Most places will be booked on a first come, first served basis and will be confirmed by 23rd February for Salford and 3rd April for Wigan, however we reserve the right to allocate places to ensure a spread of professions and organisations taking part.
* allied health professionals supported by the North West AHP Network are: art therapists, dramatherapists, music therapists, chiropodists/podiatrists, dietitians, occupational therapists, operating department practitioners, orthoptists, prosthetists and orthotists, paramedics, physiotherapists, diagnostic radiographers, therapeutic radiographers, speech and language therapists.