For Clinicians requesting microarray analysis of chromosomes in individuals with learning difficulties or multiple congenital anomalies.
Attendees will be able to confidently consent a patient for microarray testing and understand the impact of such testing on the patient and family members. They will also gain an understanding of the referral pathway for patients depending on the different results of the testing.
Who should attend?
Paediatricians, neonatologists, psychiatrists, CAHMS team, community child health workers, those working with adults with learning difficulties
- To understand the place of microarray testing in the context of previous chromosome testing technologies
- To understand the clinical benefits and limitations of microarray technology
- To understand how microarray results are interpreted
- To understand the importance of taking appropriate informed consent
- To understand the different microarray results
- To understand the potential impact of microarray testing for other members of the family
If you are a member of one of the LHP Partner Organisations the delegate cost is £20 for the day. If coming from external to the partnership the cost is £40. Funded places are available for healthcare professionals including nurses, full details on application.
Alternatively you can book directly using link: https://sales.webticketmanager.com//default.aspx?companyid=1091&eventid=13108