Our next North West Allied Health Professions (AHP) Network Event ‘Technology for transformation’ will focus on the role of technolgy in improving health and healthcare, taking place on Thursday 17th November 2016 12pm – 4:00pm at the Platinum Suite, Bolton Whites Hotel, Macron Stadium, Bolton.
Diagnostics, point of care testing, drugs, devices, electronic patient records, gamification, smart phones, social media, apps, wearables and more; there are now a huge range of technologies available for us to improve health and healthcare, and much more on the way.
And yet the NHS is notoriously slow at adopting well-established technologies, let alone new solutions. How can we influence technology implementation at a local level? How can we take a structured approach to putting technology into practice, and measuring impact? How can we as AHPs lead the development of new technologies?
This free* half day conference will focus on how AHPs can use a range of technologies to improve services, care pathways, patient experience and outcomes.
Confirmed speakers at the event include:
- Norah Flood, Chair or the North West AHP Network and Naomi McVey, North West AHP Workforce Lead
- Stuart Palma, Honorary Innovation Fellow, NHS England and Professional Adviser, Chartered Society of Physiotheray..
- Louise Rogerson, Director of Service Development at Intelesant and neuro-physiotherapist
- Caroline Poole, Strategic Lead for Long Term Conditions, Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Liz Ashall-Payne, ORCHA
- Veronica Southern, Director, Teleswallowing Ltd
- Jack Chew, The physio matters podcast
- Elaine Chesworth, Medical Technology Implementation Manager, Medicines & Technologies Programme, NICE
- Gain an understanding of how technology can be used to support and transform health and healthcare.
- Gain an overview of the range of technologies available to use as AHPs, as well as some of the barriers and levers when introducing new technologies.
- Hear from AHPs using technology to transform care and outcomes for patients, and for education and CPD.
- Learn how AHPs can take an active role in influencing the design and implementation of technology solutions in health care.
Download event agenda.
*North West AHP Network events are free to attend for Allied Health Professionals working for publically funded health and care services in the North West of England. Please contact us for more information if you work in other regions or sectors.